It is an honour to be re-elected to serve as the MP for Central Ayrshire. I will continue to work hard to represent my constituents both in the constituency and in Parliament.
This Week’s Highlights:
Parliament is now in Recess for the Summer and my Westminster office is currently closed. My Constituency Office in Irvine remains open Monday – Friday for constituent enquiries.
I am looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to join my office in Westminster. See here for more information on the role and how to apply.
Sign my Petition to make Split Payments the Norm under Universal Credit
Read my latest Newsletter Newsletter Spring18
Last Week’s Highlights
In compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation, I have updated my office data protection policy. You can read my Privacy Statement below and further information is available on request from my office.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how Dr Whitford’s office will collect and use your personal data for further services such as progressing enquiries, processing complaints, newsletter subscriptions, etc.
Why does Dr Whitford’s need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to progress your enquiry we need to collect personal data. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted with updates in relation to Dr Whitford’s work and activities, Dr Whitford’s office will ask you for additional consent.
Will Dr Whitford’s share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers associated with Dr Whitford’s office in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health boards, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and to use them only to progress our enquiries with them in relation to you. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Dr Whitford’s use the personal data it collects about me?
Dr Whitford’s office will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Dr Whitford’s office policy is to retain the information for one full Parliamentary term, or what it remaining thereof, unless you request otherwise. Please note, however, that Dr Whitford’s office is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes, and how long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual needs.
Under what circumstances will Dr Whitford’s office contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that Dr Whitford’s office holds about me?
At your request, Dr Whitford’s office can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Dr Whitford’s office does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Our identity and the contact details;
• Contact details of the Data Protection Officer;
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing;
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Dr Whitford’s office or a third party, information about those interests;
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed;
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to;
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information;
• How long the data will be stored;
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing;
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time;
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data;
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you;
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Dr Whitford’s office accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Photographic identification (passport or driving licence) together with a utility bill or bank statement from the last 3 months. Where photographic identification cannot be obtained, a birth certificate may be provided.
Further Information can be obtained from my Data Protection Officer as per below:
Ms Heather Knox
14 Eglinton Street, Irvine KA12 8AS
t: 01294 311 160